Happy Presidents’ Day! Today, we (Americans) celebrate George Washington’s birthday and honor all past presidents. And like good patriotic Americans, our little family plans on spending the whole day thinking about them. At Costco. And on the couch.
Given the somewhat political nature of the holiday, today is just asking for a 1500-word political rant from yours truly. But I know better than to incite anger and tears of boredom. Actually, I don’t know better, but Joanna does. And thus, no politics for el blogo.
As Joanna said on Friday, we’re still figuring out how to juggle baby/work/life/breathing. But lucky for us, George Washington was a righteous dude and gifted us a day off to catch our breath. Ahhhhhhh.
Speaking of resting, Joanna and I have decided to give our typing fingers a break a few times a month by doing some video entries. We’ve gotten a handful of questions over the month, and sometimes email responses just don’t cut it. And we always like to criticize and make fun of our awkwardness on video. With that being said, these videos can go down one of two ways:
1. We answer questions and chat about certain topics. Examples might include:
- How do you guys tag team your finances? Who does what?
- What’s your greatest budget category weakness?
- Gun to your head: Full House or Boy Meets World?
2. We don’t answer questions and we stare at the video camera for five minutes in a rousing staring contest challenge. This actually doesn’t sound like a half bad idea, so it’s totally cool if this ends up being what happens.
So what’ll it be? If you’re digging option one, you can pass your question or topic along as a comment OR send it to us over here. If you’re digging option two, just sit there and prepare for the duel of your LIFE.