It’s been a long time since we’ve done one of these posts, so let’s review. We talk a lot here. In fact, we do like 99% of the talking . And technically, I guess it’s “writing” and not “talking.” Then again, you probably hear us in your head with whatever voices you’ve imagined for us while you read our site. Joanna probably sounds like Julia Roberts, I probably sound like Michael Cera. Whatever. Point being, we love to hear more about you out there on your computer machines. It helps remind us where you’re at in life, what makes you tick, and how cool (almost) all of you are.
But really quick before we jump into the Q&A’s, here are a few other ways we love to stay in touch and hear from more of you. Follow Joanna on Instagram (lots o’ Sally, NYC, and me running away from shots), like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And we’re kicking off a super secret email list where a few times a month, we’ll show up in your email inbox with budgeting tips, knock-knock jokes, and other stuff you won’t read here. So if you’re into that sorta thing, join our secret email list.
And now… the questions. *cue “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” sound FX and lights*
- A friend wants a TV show to binge-watch. What’s your recommendation?
- What song/audio/sounds you got on repeat?
- What financial achievement from 2014 are you most proud of?
- Choose one to play for the rest of your life: Oregon Trail or Sim City.
- Why are you here (OFB.com)?
We’re going to talk a little bit more and tell you our answers, and then we’ll shut up. Promise.
- Breaking Bad. House of Cards. Reading Rainbow. In that order.
- A little The Head and the Heart, but mostly the StartUp podcast. So good.
- Saving 50% of our net income. And not blowing it on LEGOs.
- Oregon Trail always makes me feel guilty. Being unknowingly frugal at an early age, I would play and buy the bare minimum amount of supplies, force my family to eat sparingly, hunt buffalo all day and night, and would always choose to just float my wagon and family across the river instead of paying some river expert to get us across safely. And by safely I mean killing half my family. I’ll do without the guilt trips and get my god complex on with Sim City.
- I’m here, at 1 am, because I didn’t get started on this post earlier tonight. Because football. But I’m mostly here because I dig talking money stuff.
- Johnny and I both love New Girl. It’s the only sitcom we’ve ever both loved. We have seen every single episode of this show, and we still can’t get enough.
- Oh, music. I used to listen to listen to you. No time no mo. My favorite audio book this last year was What Alice Forgot. And men, this is strictly chick lit, so I don’t recommend it to you.
- Going into FAO Schwarz over the holidays and not buying Sally a single item in the store. She wanted it ALL.
- For some reason, members of my wagon party dying of diphtheria is way less stressful than a tornado destroying one of my neighborhoods, so I’m gonna say Oregon Trail.
- In case you didn’t know, OFB kinda started out as Johnny’s hobby that I was reluctantly helping with. But I really love writing and reading on this site and interacting with so many cool peeps. This is all your fault… just remember that.
This concludes all Johnny/Joanna talking. Now talk to us!