Happy Cinco de Mayo! I don’t know much about the holiday, but I do know that it doesn’t get me work off which relegates it to the C-list of holidays. But should you be celebrating it, happy day to you.
We’re still rebounding from a bout of recent illnesses, but spring delivered a beaut of a weekend. Here’s a brief summary of what’s up in our household… Joanna will be officially unemployed in two days. Sally learned how to unlatch my toolbox, which yields an equal amount of daddy-pride and “For the love of all that is holy, put the hammer down!” Our cat, Persie, is hunting a fly right now and given her track record, the fly will lose. And then be eaten. And then vomited on our carpet. Cool.
Enough about us, time to hear from you in a little segment we call… ABOUT YOU! We ask questions, you give answers. Let’s do this.
- What TV show(s) are you into right now?
- Your most recent purchase.
- What’s your biggest frustration with keeping a budget?
- Choose one: Kanye West or Taylor Swift.
- What topic(s) would you like to see covered on OFB?
- I’d love to say none, but that would be a lie. Mad Men, Shark Tank, and LA Kings/Dodger games.
- These Teva Sandals on Amazon for $25. It’s my first clothing purchase in months and the price dropped 40% for no good reason (before promptly returning to regular price).
- Getting behind. If we miss a couple days, it’s really annoying to catch back up. If we miss a week, you might as well write our month off.
- Not gonna lie, I’ve jammed to Taylor on Spotify before (with the Private Session mode enabled). But a 28-year-old married man can only listen to so much teen angst. Kanye’s always got a permanent spot on my playlist. Kanye 1, Taylor 0.
- A post on “Why can I make a swimsuit last 5-10 years, but Joanna needs a new one every summer?” Also life insurance and home buying.
- Mad Men, Turn, and Parenthood if I’m in the mood for a good, hearty solo crying sesh.
- Strawberries, watermelon, and 2% milk from Costco.
- When only one of us is dedicated any given month. It’s hard to do all that expense tracking on your own.
- Hmm, that’s tough. I mostly listen to music when I’m running, and both of them have very jam-worthy songs. But I can listen to Taylor when Sally’s around, so she wins.
- More about the transition from WAHM to SAHM… because apparently SAHMs don’t work, pssh.
There are your Q’s. Now give us some A’s.