We interrupt this scheduled Weekly Wrap-up for a brief PSA. [cue depressing Sarah McLachlan song] Loss. Abandonment. Gone forever. If we continue to wait, it’ll be too late. But we can turn the tide. The time to act is now. Save your RSS feeds before it’s too late. [fade out of song] If that made you a little emotional, I apologize. If you haven’t already heard, Google Reader is shutting down. Which means if you use Google Reader, you’re going to need to find a new way to subscribe to your RSS feeds. And since you’re definitely 100% subscribed to ours (hint hint), we’d hate to lose ya. So here are our suggestions:
- Start using a new RSS service. Feedly is an awesome, well-designed alternative that offers a great web, mobile, and app options. And better yet, you can bring all of your Google Reader feeds over with the click of a button. Gravy. Another popular web-based option that allows you to sync your Reader feeds is Bloglovin, so give that one a look, too.
- You can also get our posts hand-delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. Every morning, we wake up at 4:00am, fold and rubberband that day’s post, and if it looks rainy, we’ll put it in plastic wrap. Then we put it in an email, press “Send”, and voila! You’ve got mail!
So thanks for nothing Google! Actually, thanks for a lot of things Google. I’m sorry I said that. Please don’t blow up my house with your street view satellites.
Also, we should be friends. So like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And then if you’ve got any pressing questions, post ideas, or comments, we’d love to hear them via email at [email protected]
Tune of the Week
Splurge of the Week
Skyfall Blu-ray rental – $1.50 – We were able to get Baby Girl to bed a little earlier than usual yesterday night, so we decided to make it a special night by renting the new 007 via Redbox. And instead of going for the standard DVD ($1), we decided to let our hair down and go for the Blu-ray for an extra $0.50. Wild and crazy times in the OFB household!
Our Freaking Baby’s Easter Photos
- This post over at The Umbrella Treasury is heaven-sent. Joanna and I have been wanting to run some numbers on how much we stand to gain/lose over time with rising interest rates and larger down payments. And that’s exactly what this freaking awesome post breaks down.
- As the weather finally warms up, we can a feel a health/fitness kick coming on. So this list of mostly fitness/healthy food blogs curated by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean was well-timed. Note: there’s one site listed there that’s stupid and you should probably ignore.
- This high school senior’s letter “To All the Colleges that Rejected Me” is really awesome.
- And while April Fool’s has come and gone, you can still travel to our site in 1993 with our Internet Time Machine. To login, use any password you desire.
Have a swell weekend!