I actually wrote this post on Friday, the day the world was supposed to end. If you’re reading this, I guess the Mayans were wrong. If you’re not reading this, then I wasted a good half hour of my last day on Earth writing something that no one will ever read. I wish I had used that time eating fried okra, or getting in a high speed chase, or rock climbing. But I guess it’s too late for that now.
For all of humanity’s sake, I hope you’re reading this. And I hope the Mayans were just really, really bad at math.
Tune of the Week
Splurge of the Week
Vintage 50’s/60’s Manning Bowman metal fan – $25 (flea market) – We’ve had our eye on one of these for a while and found a fully functional beaut.
Days Until Our Freaking Baby is Due
14 days (!!)
Here’s some stuff that made us smarter this week:
- Is your significant other hard to shop for? Greg at Club Thrifty knows your pain.
- Michelle at See Debt Run shares a beautiful and moving account of her thoughts and feelings following the tragedy in Newtown.
- Ever wondered what it’s like to work in the creative industry? NZ Muse’s guest post at Budget & the Beach discusses the pros and cons of working in the industry.
- Thanks to Carrie at ReadyForZero, we can all learn what to do before year end to save some green in 2013 (that rhymed, FYI).
- Want to get slapped in the face? Then head on over to Punch Debt in the Face, and Ninja will put you in your place for having more than $10k in the bank.
- Feeling the Christmas burnout before it’s even here? Centsational Girl’s festive house tour is sure to get you in the Christmas spirit all over again.
- It’s that time of year to contemplate resolutions. DC at Young Adult Money gives 20 ideas to get your resolution-wheels a’spinning.
Have a freaking festive weekend.