Before yesterday, we were all probably overwhelmed by the Christmas spirit and asking selflessly (and correctly), What did you give for Christmas? But now that the big day has come and gone, we can return to our natural, selfish selves and share our Christmas spoils with each other!
Joanna and I gave each other a strict budget of $150/each (+/- $15) this year since our biggest gift, literally and financially, will be a baby girl. This will likely be the last year that we can focus solely on each other.
So what can a $150 budget get a fairly picky husband/wife team these days? Let’s take a look:
What Johnny Got (according to Joanna):
- Hillsboro Jeffrey Derby Shoes – $80 – Ordered these from JackThreads, an online shopping club for men that offers daily deals. Johnny’s five pairs of Vans slip-ons are sure to be intimidated by these sophisticated babies.
- Givenchy Play Intense Cologne – $50 – Johnny loves this cologne, and I love when he wears it. Win win.
- Iron & Wine Vinyl Album – $12 – Johnny got a record player for his birthday this year, and he’s since been meticulously building his record collection with some of his favorite albums, old and new. Hopefully this one fit the bill.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson – $19 – Johnny’s been wanting to read this book since it came out in 2011. What better way to learn more about the man behind the products that fill our home?
Total Joanna spent on Johnny: $161
What Joanna Got (according to Johnny):
- Nine West Leather Boots – $85 – Snagged these suckers on Cyber Monday and saved $30. Woot! I’m sure she’ll look great in these on all the horses she’ll never ride.
- Sephora Perfume Sampler – $50 – Joanna was all out of perfume. And she had no idea what kind she wanted. So you want me to guess which smell you’ll adorn yourself with daily? Awesome! I checked out Sephora and they happen to offer a 12-fragrance sampler pack with a voucher redeemable for a full bottle of any of the included fragrances. That’s what’s up.
- Nalgene 32 oz. Water Bottle – $11 – Joanna drinks an ocean a day. She used to drink her water from old Powerade bottles. So now she can drink water that doesn’t taste like extremely diluted grape Powerade.
- Kimchi Checkbook Wallet – $25 – Girl needed a wallet. And that’s that.
Total Johnny spent on Joanna: $166
We’re both pretty happy campers. After five years of marriage, this might, might just be the first year neither of us takes something back. And that’s saying something. So what did you get for Christmas? How did you fare with ol’ Saint Nick/significant other/great aunt Bertha?