Hello from the land of the living! Johnny and I spent all of Tuesday half dead in bed after getting a stomach bug within hours (like two) of each other. That’s weird, right? And then on Tuesday afternoon, we realized our CO detectors hadn’t been plugged in the whole time we’ve lived here, which led to us wondering if our stomach bug was carbon monoxide poisoning. Thus, we plugged them in, and of course, they sounded an alarm. We called the fire department and the gas company who came by and both found absolutely no carbon monoxide in our apartment, just faulty CO detectors. Thanks, landlord! Luckily, Sally didn’t get sick, and she spent the day at my sister’s.
So all we’ve really accomplished this week is contaminating the local firemen with our stomach bug. Just helping out the community in any way we can. But we did learn a ton about carbon monoxide poisoning, something we probably should have done (and you should do) so that we can all be
paranoid informed together. How’s your week been?
Next week, Johnny and I are excited to share a big update in our lives. I don’t want to spoil it, but I’m not pregnant. So sorry. Until then, here are a few recent posts we’ve written on DailyFinance:
- How Grocery Delivery Can Save You Time and Money
- Budget-Friendly Ways to Get Your Body Beach-Ready
- Rethinking Dave Ramsey: Money Rules Are Made to Be Broken
Also, for over a year now, Johnny and I have skirted around the idea of doing videos on here — or vlogs, if you will, and we’re planning to do a reader mailbag in video form soon. So if you have any specific questions you want answered, just send us an email here so that we can quickly realize collectively that the video idea is a huge mistake.
And lastly, there are three ways to subscribe to our blog: click here to add us on feedly – OR – click here to add us on bloglovin – OR – get our posts delivered to your inbox by entering your email address in that box to the upper right. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
And don’t worry, Sally isn’t always topless:
But, really, how’s your week been?
glad you’re safe! that reminds me, we need to get a new smoke detector and CO detector as the one that came with our unit was from 1992. Hope you’re both feeling better!
We just ordered our new units last night. You can get a good combo unit for under $40. Definitely an investment where the price tag should matter… despite the fact I still researched them for 30 minutes to get the best deal. 🙂
So glad you both are feeling better…that stomach bug is killer. My husband had it and was miseralbe, I also made him sleep in the other room. Luckily Clorox seemed to work and I never got sick! Just wanted to say that it is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous here in Raleigh this week! Headed to OIB for the weekend!
Blessed Clorox. Good work on quarantining the bug. And hope you had/are having a blast at OBX!
Hi guys! Sorry to read that you both were recently wiped out by that stomach bug. Looking on the positive side, however, it did result in you getting your CO detectors checked out. We have both smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors on each level of our (ahem…) “sprawling mansion” and we replace them no longer than every ten years (their average safe lifespan) as well as replace their batteries annually. You can’t be too safe.
As for my week, well after being a few weeks without my computer I’m finally back in business – just updated my PC’s operating system from XP (which is no longer supported by Microsoft) to Windows 7. Talk about getting internet withdrawal symptoms – almost as bad as a stomach bug ! 🙂
There’s always a silver lining. We’ll pay way more attention to our detectors now. So it’s a net win. And welcome back to the Internet! Life without Internet is way worse than any ol’ stomach bug.
Hope you guys are feeling tons better! We got a terrible stomach bug as well a few weeks ago and it completely derailed our weekends. It’s tough but at least you guys got through it!
We’re back in the saddle and a few pounds lighter, so no more complaining from us! Hopefully it’s sunshine and flu-and-illness-free living from here on out.