Yes, it’s true… this week is OFB’s second birthday! In some ways, we can’t believe it’s already been two years. In the same breath, it feels like OFB has always been a part of us — for better or worse, richer or poorer. It’s like a marriage.
But here we are! It’s kind of crazy to think about everything that’s happened in the past two years. In case you need a refresher, here’s a short recap:
- We’ve created one (and a half) humans.
- We moved from North Carolina to Utah to (just last week) New York City.
- Johnny switched jobs and then got transferred with his current job (hence, all the moving).
- I quit my full-time job to pursue Sally — literally.
- We celebrated two (and now almost three) years of debt freedom.
And, finally, thanks to all of you, we’ve grown in our resolve to stay the path of financial independence and hopefully learn, grow, and encourage a few like-minded folks along the way. Or maybe just have an outlet for our weirdness.
Hands down, the best part about having a site about personal finance (the most necessary boring topic of our lives) is getting to hear all the insight, tips, and experiences from you guys. I would rather consult you than WebMD on almost everything (including infectious diseases), which, if you know me, is a really big compliment.
Here’s OFB’s lifetime stats at a glance, purely for entertainment purposes:
- 1,249,000 visits
- 759,634 visitors
- 11,361 comments
- 451,718 comments marked as spam (likely all LeVar Burton’s attempts to comment on our site)
- 375 posts
- visitors from every country except Greenland, Chad, Cuba, and North Korea
Kicking off year three in New York City will certainly bring a lot of new twists and turns to our blog, and we appreciate everyone who’s joined us thus far on the ride. Buckle up!
p.s. Hey Greenlanders, if you don’t want to see yourself on a list with those other countries, you might want to pay us a visit. 😉