The weather in New York City still feels like January, but we’re rounding the corner into April already. 2015 is flying by! I’m also coming up on 38 weeks of pregnancy, which means life as we know it is about to be flipped on its head in the OFB household. And we’re getting pretty darn excited. Before we become a mushy, sleep-deprived mess that has eyes only for our newborn, we wanted to do another About You. We haven’t done one of these since January, so just to recap, these posts are our chance to hear from you, our readers. Johnny and I get to talk our brains out on here, and sometimes it’s nice to hear more about what makes you guys and gals tick.
Before we let loose on some rapid fire Q&A’s for all of you, here are a few other ways we can stay connected. Like us on Facebook, follow me on Instagram (lots o’ Sally, NYC, and Johnny giving the camera his best grimace-smile), follow me on Pinterest, and follow us on Twitter. And we’ve kicked off a super secret email list where a few times a month we’ll show up in your email inbox with budgeting tips, knock-knock jokes, and other stuff you won’t read here. So if you’re into that sorta thing, join our secret email list.
And now… here’s what Johnny and I have been dying to know from each of you.
- Give us your best baby girl name recommendation. (Otherwise, our little girl who’s due in 2.5 weeks, might remain nameless.)
- If money were no object, where would you live?
- How do you keep track of your budget?
- What was the freaking dress: gold and white or blue and black?
- What topic(s) would you like to see covered on OFB?
We’ll answer, too, to get the ball rolling. And then it’s your turn.
- Johnny hates all the names I love. After I’ve imagined our future daughter as a baby, young girl, teenager, and adult, introducing herself with the name I’ve thought of, I tell it to Johnny. And he crushes my dream into powder. I currently like the name Ivy, which he said isn’t a name at all, but a plant. I also like the name Olive, which he says is a food that he hates. So I give up.
- Fun fact: I hate cold weather. So if and when we find our forever place, I’d like it to be somewhere that’s warm year-round. And if there happens to be a beach nearby, I wouldn’t mind that either.
- We use the HomeBudget app as we spend money, and we refer to Mint when we get behind a few days.
- How do I put this? To me, it was more of a periwinkle and olive color. Johnny wouldn’t talk to me for the rest of the night.
- I’m hoping to do a post soon all about our experience with potty training Sally… it’s been quite an experience, that’s for sure.
- Thor. Thor-zy. Thor-ella. Nah, I actually have some really good name ideas, despite whatever lies Joanna will spread.
- I’d go for that one place that has white sand and crystal clear water and is always 80 degrees and where coconuts and pineapples grow from every tree, which is weird because pineapples don’t grow on trees, but on this island they just do. I don’t know what this place is called, but that place.
- HomeBudget and receipts in my pockets that usually stay in my pockets during laundry. And then become a tissuey mess in my pockets.
- Gold and white. If you see it any differently, stop everything that you’re doing, go to your eye doctor, and tell him you’d like to return your defective eyeballs.
- Political, religious, and super personal posts, preferably all three topics rolled into one. So basically more stuff like my Facebook feed.
Okay, we’re done and ready for ya. Give us the best you’ve got.