Lucky #13! These About You posts are our very favorite. We love hearing from you guys, and finding out some of you are just as weird as we are.
As a little update on us right now, I think we’re starting to hit our stride with two kids (i.e., we’re not crying ourselves to sleep). This has been our best week yet. We were blindsided the last couple of weeks with an exceptionally colicky Wynnie, but that seems to be really improving this week. It makes me want to just stuff my face with celebratory cake, I’m so happy. And I will be since TOMORROW is Johnny’s birthday! It’s a big one, folks.
Sally is still struggling with having to share our attention, and she’s finding incredibly creative ways to get it. I’ve been reading Raising Your Spirited Child in my spare time (Ha!), and it’s helping me keep perspective in those wonderful toddler moments like biting her baby sister’s toe for no reason or playing in the toilet bowl. And Johnny and me? Well, we’re getting more sleep, slowly but surely. I feel like I always lose my identity for a bit after having a baby because I have zero time for myself. But I went running for the first time last week, so that’s progress!
So that’s how the OFB household is faring these days! And now, we want to hear from you.
- What other tabs do you have open?
- What’s holding you back from the perfect budget?
- What’s your go-to summer song?
- Shake Shack or Five Guys or In-N-Out.
- What would you tell someone if they asked you what our site was? [Side note: We’re having a middle-of-the-year identity crisis (it happens most years). Don’t tell us what you think we want you to say, just say it the way you’d say it.]
We’ll kickstart things with some answers of our own. And then it’s all you.
- I recently placed a grocery order, so I have Google Express and Amazon Fresh open. And with that, I’ve been doing some meal planning, so a bunch of recipes I plan to try this week are open, too.
- Being responsible! My perfect budget would give me $500 in clothing spending each month. That’s what this question’s asking, right?
- Johnny and I always have a favorite summer-y song each summer. This year, I think we have the same one — Flashed Junk Mind by Milky Chance. My song last summer was Heavy Feet by Local Natives.
- Tough one. I don’t like Five Guys much, so nix that one. Shake Shack and In-N-Out are just so different that it’s TOO hard to choose. Don’t make me! But, okay… In-N-Out wins by a hair. I’m never not in the mood for that goodness.
- Wayyyyy too many. I’m a major tab hoarder. I use them as to-do or to-read items and I never have enough time to get to all of them so I usually have at least 15 open at once. Not kidding.
- Keeping track of our dumb expenses in this dumb cash-only mecca we call NYC. A slice of pizza here, a delivery tip there, a $5 umbrella that always blows inside out and breaks two blocks later, etc. A little better tracking would go a long way.
- Right now it’s definitely Flashed Junk Mind by Milky Chance and an older one, California Sunrise by Dirty Gold.
- #2, animal style, no pickle, no lettuce, two sides of spread. Please and thank you. In case you don’t follow, that’s code for the best food on this beautiful Earth aka In-N-Out.
All righty… Ready, set, go!