Goodbye summer — we’ll miss you. Hello fall — you’re the worst. Well, you’re tied for worst with winter. Joanna thinks you’re alright because you make pretty leaves. But I’m not super impressed by dying leaves, especially since they’re the final warning sign before six continuous months of brutal cold that punches you in the face over and over and over. Welp, there’s my positive message for the day!
Before we turn the mic over to you, a few housekeeping items.
- We’re still mourning Google Reader’s untimely death (RIP), but you can still subscribe to OFB. So click here to add us on feedly – OR – click here to add us on bloglovin – OR – get our posts delivered to your inbox by entering your email address in that box to the upper right.
- We’ve been terrible Facebookers and Twittererers. Forgive us of our sins… by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter! If you do, we promise to send you lots of spammy-sounding game invites, tag you in photos with our cat, and tweet almost exclusively about polarizing political topics. Because that’s what friends (us) are for. Seriously, we won’t do any of those things. Except the cat one.
Now for the fun stuff. You know the drill. We ask questions, you give answers.
- What shoes are you wearing?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- How do you track your budget? (ex. Mint, spreadsheet, envelope system, etc.)
- Choose one: permanent Cheeto’s fingers or permanent corn between your teeth?
- Why are you here? Why are you interested in personal finance?
We’ll go first.
- Ain’t. It’s late and I’m wearing sweatpants like an eight-year old. But I wore red Vans to work today.
- Hot Rod or Stranger than Fiction.
- HomeBudget app. But we’ve tried almost everything.
- I know it’s a good question when even I can’t answer it. I guess permanent Cheeto’s fingers because then I’d always have a pick-me-up snack just a finger away.
- Because I like how I feel when we’re in control of our money, and I don’t like how I feel when we’re not. Also because one day, I want to have enough money that I can reenact Duck Tales’ Uncle Scrooge diving into money.
- None. I’m in denial that summer is ending, so I’ve been wearing my Saltwater sandals daily.
- My Best Friend’s Wedding… ? If it’s a mindless chick flick, I’m typically game.
- HomeBudget app. And my Johnny app, which serves as both my budget reminder robot and husband.
- Johnny wrote this question. He’s weird. Cheeto’s fingers. Although both are absolutely terrible.
- I’m a planner and I like preparing for the future.
Get your fingers ready. On your mark, get set, type! (unless you have Cheeto’s fingers, in which case you should wash your hands first)