And so begins the three day stretch where everyone and their grandmother says, “I guess I’ll see you in a year” or “This is the last time I’ll chug a Yoo-hoo this year.” So in true bandwagon fashion, this is the last Weekly Wrap-Up you’ll read from us this year.
On the baby front, we’re still playing the waiting game. And while I probably shouldn’t admit this, I’ve been having heart-to-hearts with our girl via Joanna’s rotund belly. I’ve told her that should she choose to be born in 2012 and help bring down our taxes, I will gladly take some of the savings and put it toward awesome Christmas gifts for her next year. We’ll know the outcome of the negotiations by Tuesday.
Tune of the Week
Splurge of the Week
Low Mein instead of Pork Fried Rice – $2 – We never substitute food when it costs extra, but some strange Chinese takeout force sucked us in.
Days Until Our Freaking Baby is Due
7 days (!!!!)
Here’s some stuff that made us smarter this week:
- Does chivalry still exist? Punch Debt in the Face discusses who should pay for dinner on a date.
- Before you etch your financial resolutions for 2013 in Sharpie, head over to Money Magazine to see 12 ways you’re wasting money.
- See if you agree with Holly at Club Thrifty on where she draws the line with saving money and opportunity costs.
- Hoping to start a business in 2013? Sara Blakely, owner of Spanx and, oh, a billionaire, gives her top 5 startup tips.
- Over at the MintLife blog, a new mom looks back on products she bought before her baby was born, and what she’s learned 12 months later.
Have a freaking awesome New Year.