As we type this, our eyes are heavy and Baby Girl’s diaper is full. That little cutie is kicking our butts. She gave us her first real smiles this week, though, so overall, the week was a success.
Here are a few things happening around the blog worth telling you about:
- Our February Giveaway Challenge is running strong. If you haven’t entered already, find a budget category (ex. eating out) that you want to spend less on this month. And just for participating, you’re eligible to win a $25 Amazon gift card. So get at it!
- So someone accidentally nominated us for Top Personal Finance Blog of 2012. If you want to accidentally vote for us, you can do so here.
- And FINALLY, we’ve been invited to participate in a Love and Money Google Hangout next week. It’ll be going down on Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. EST over here on Google+, so don’t miss us making fools of ourselves. Or do.
And as always, if you want to stay in the OFB loop, please subscribe to our RSS feed, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter. Also, if you’ve got any pressing questions, post ideas, or comments, we’d love to hear them via email at email@example.com.
TUNE OF THE WEEK
SPLURGE OF THE WEEK
2006 Vespa LX 150 – $2095 – We figured out a solution to our one-car family dilemma. And thanks to some wheelin’ and dealin’ by yours truly, it ended up being a smoking deal.
OUR FREAKING BABY’S 1-MONTH PHOTO
- This might be a week or two old, but we really liked Michelle’s post declaring that she’ll never be a frugal blogger. We’re of a similar mindset that living frugally does NOT have to mean living miserably.
- So what do you do when you start getting a little dough in every paycheck? If you’re Ninja at Punch Debt in the Face, you throw it back into 401k. See what his extra $2500/year in 401k will amount to in 40 years.
- While we talked about the realities of city living in NYC, Budget and the Beach broke down the pros and cons of city living in LA, my hometown. After reading one paragraph, you’ll want to move there tomorrow; in the next, you’d rather move to Fargo (no offense, Fargo-ites).
- Want to save a few bucks on a V-Day card this year? [shake heads and applaud] Then I’ve got just the posts for you!… this is becoming a bad infomercial. So our super talented friend Roo at NeonFresh baked up some hilarious doodles and cards for your significant other. And for the ladies out there looking for a card that will make your guy’s heart flutter, check out some of these dude cards that Pretty Providence uncovered.
- And finally, remember listening to your computer’s modem scream alien and robot sounds to connect to that newfangled thing called the Internet? Well, according to this article, dial-up service is still AOL’s cash cow, responsible for more than all other profits at the company… seriously.
Have a freaking swell weekend!